Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Cinderella Story


So Monday was a half day and I didn't really have a whole terrible lot to do (nothing that I wanted to do) so I borke down and watched a tween chick flick (which is the worst kind of chick flick ever created), Another Cinderella Story starring Selena Gomez (Disney channel person) and Drew Sealy (can't rememnber where I've seen him from and I think I misspelled his name). The movie was okay, there was some humor contained within it that I found mildly amusing, but other than that it was relatively stuppid and unrealistic. What I don't understand is why covering up 1/4 of your face with a mask suddnly makes you unrecognizable. It makes no sense.

Spoiler Alert! (Quite honestly it's a chick flick, pretty sure you can figure out how it ends without actually seeing the movie so I'm not really sure why I have a spoiler alert here.)

Plot: Basically it's the story of Cinderella that takes place at a highschool. (If you don't know the story of Cinderella google it because I refuse to recount the entire thing here.) Pop-prince comes back to his hometown to go to highschool 'like a normal boy' (little bit of Pinnochio) and ends up falling for a girl he meets at the schools masked ball. But wait it was a masque so she was wearing a mask and he couldn't tell who she was and she rushes home before he learns her name. Fortunately for her she leaves behind her Zoon which he uses as a glass slipper to find her again. They fall in love and live happily ever after when she is accepted to a prestigious arts school for her dancing abilities. If you truly care and want to know more about this movie here is a 'Comlpete' (meaning uber long) Synopsis at IMdB.

It was an okay movie, better than most tween chick flicks I've seen, but I would definately not waste any time or money on renting/buying it. If you really want to watch it wait till it's on TV again and tivo it like I did (or watch it live).

No comments: