Friday, January 16, 2009

"Dream Runner" (Last Night's Episode of ER)

For all the harping I do on Grey's Anatomy I suppose I'm a little bit of a hippocrite or at least very biased as I am a fan of ER (more of an ER re-runs fan than a fan of the newest season), but anyway thanks to the colder than arctic weather we've been having I was able to actually watch ER when it was on TV rather than taping it and watching it later which is what I usually do. This season of ER is the last season the writers are trying new and daring things with the plot as well as bringing back lots of old characters to guest star. Last night's episode focused on Dr. Neela Rasgotra a resident surgeon who is about to become an attending surgeon. The episode presented three scenarios of how Neela could have handled a emergency situations she was presented with while working at County General Hospital as well as decision about her future as a surgeon and a future relationship she could possibly have with another doctor and old friend at county. The focus was on the possibilities in life if we were able to go back in time and try things differently, if you could fix mistakes you had made. It was one of the better episodes I have seen this year. It posed an interesting question, if you could go back and do something differently would it even make a difference? I am quite curious to see how the writers branch off of this episode next week.

No comments: