Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 21st (only six days 15 hours, and 56 minutes until a most exciting television event)


Most people are incredibly excited for January 20th when President-Elect Obama loses the 'Elect' from his title. I however am not really excited for the 20th at all, I don't really enjoy watching politically biased news reports about what is practically old news. It was exciting when Obama won the election and made history and the swearing in seems to be much less exciting especially when it is being followed up with the new season of 'Lost' premiering on the 21st. I am truly a 'Lost' junkie (which ought to be blatantly obvious by now) and I could care less about the 20th. I do realize this is a potentially offensive and pointless post, but I don't really care, it's how I feel. I would much rather watch a 2 hour season premier of a high-paced, mind-churning, thought-provoking show than watch Lord-knows-how-many-hours of dry speeches, formality, and masked loathing by separate political parties. I can also guarantee that I am not the only person in the U.S. that feels this way. Now that I have successfully written about 100 words of absolutely nothing I feel that I have ineffectively ranted about this topic and should probably quit writing while I'm only a furlong behind.

No comments: