Thursday, May 28, 2009

Essay Brainstorming

Question (please answer the first part the rest of it sort of turned into a rant, I'll underline the question to help you out): Which form of multimedia thing would best suit my new essay? Video, (not) radio (I need visuals), cartoon (I can't draw), or powerpoint? Okay so basically video or power point. Being as I have no equipment or editing knowledge I am currently leaning towards power point essay, but even after viewing many examples I still have no idea how to go about creating a power point essay. I really have no idea how to do much of anything actually and I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I should have ever taken this class. I keep failing. I swear if my grade in this class brings my GPA down...actually I don't really know what I'll do, be glad that my future major has nothing to do with language arts most likely. I plan on having a medical career which is excellent because I am good at science and math whereas I am an utter and complete failure at all things involving the English language (I'm pretty good at other languages though). I hate this, I absolutely loath this feeling of failure and it seems that I haven't been able to escape it all year in this class. First term C+ (on the essay), second term B (on discussion), third term C (on the essay). I think these grades are trying to tell me something, and I haen't listened. I probably should have dropped during first term and taken U.S. Humanities instead. It may sound like quitting, but I wouldn't necessarily call it quitting as someone quits when they don't want to work to overcome the challenge, I, however, tryed and failed to overcome the challenge which would seem to reflect a lack of talent in the area hance I should never have tried, thus it would not have been quitting. It would have saved me a lot of stress and pain that's for sure. Well I suppose I have learned something as I did not make the same mistake on my schedule for next year. I am taking 3 science classes (1 AP, 1 normal, 1 at KC college), one AP math class, one AP foreign language, technically 3 normal history classes (one per term), and one normal language arts class. Recently I had thought about maybe taking AP Lit, but now I think that idea has most definately been shot down, oh well, good riddence. Now I just need to not fail this essay like I failed the last one and then I will be done with this class forever. Unfortunately for me I don't know if it's possible for me to not fail this next essay.

To the brainstorming part:
Okay so I've basically decided to write about why I ride (horses) which I plan to make some sort of a twist on "Why I Write" essays. If this were a normal essay written out on the computer I don't think I would have too much of a problem (it would be all about me-my voice is present, it's something I feel strongly about-easy for me to write, I plan on writing about all of my 'interesting' experience with horses which all should have deterred me from ever wanting to ride again and then try to explain why I still ride-interesting). The problem for me is I don't know if I can explain (in a way that everyone would understand) why I ride without sounding like a cheeseball. I don't know if I could make anybody understand with words, which is where the pictures and possibly videos come in. I think my gameplan at this point is to start writing about why I ride and those 'interesting' times on the blog and possibly also on word and then take a bunch of pictures of my horse and me riding my horse (with some help from a few friends) to help explain the reasons...I think this sentence has gotten away from me so I'm going to opt to end it here. Okay, sounds like a plan, but I could still use feedback (being as no one has given me feedback thus far).

2 comments:

The Prime Minister of Keepin' it Real said...

I think you're doing fine in lang! You should see my bio grades if you want to see true failure.
Also, if you need someone to bounce ideas off of or read over your essay, I'd be more than happy to do so.

Banch said...

Thanks, I would appreciate it I will ask you tomorrow.