Monday, May 25, 2009

Reflections

Well now that the school year is coming to a close I suppose it is time to reflect on how my blog has developed over the course of the year. My blog started off as a collection of random posts about un-related topics. As of first trimester I had no real centric theme. However during second trimester the weather caused school to be cancelled/delayed for a week which allowed me time to grow bored. This major weather cancellation also happened to occur the week before the new season of Lost premiered when ABC aired a three hour block containing the final episodes of season 4. It also happened that over the previous summer I had become quite a Lost addict and had managed to watch most of the seasons (except for season 3, but that's a whole nother story). Anywho I found my calling. I began to blog about new episodes of Lost as well as random movies that I had watched which boosted me well past my blog quota for that trimester. This trimester I have not had as much time to blog what with all the AP things happening, but I have managed to keep my blog from becoming the sad little excuse for a random rant that it was during the first trimester.

Looking back I remember hating my blog and hating having a quota to meet each week because I had no idea what on Earth I could possibly have to contribute to the world. I had no strong opinions on anything that I thought other people would be interested in. Now I absolutely love my blog (I still despise the quota thing because of all of the other things I have to do for school that have to take presidence over blogging), but I think I will probably keeep my blog at least until the Lost series finale next year (when I hopefully will have won my bet and have a very long blog post consisting of pure gloating). In the long run I'm very glad we were required to start our own blogs this year. It was nice to have an outlet for my opinions on something that very few other people care about.

No comments: