Thursday, April 2, 2009

ER Finale!


7:31 PM: Yeah it's not on yet, but I thought I could start talking about it anyway. I can say that I will be very sad when all is said and done, and I'm really glad their bringing back all of the cast that they can to be on tonight's episode. I only just starting watching the re-runs on TNT but in the year that I've been watching I've managed to watch (in-depth) the end of season 6 all the way through season 14 and back to the pilot and season 1, so I do have some claim to being sad about the end. I'm kind of annoyed that they keep playing commercials for Southland as if it is going to replace ER since it's by the same producers. Okay, ER recap is back...

Later: Wow, what a great way to end such an influential and beloved series. The episode incorporated a ton of details (i.e. speeches, actions, gestures, scenes) from various episodes of the previous season. I especially appreciated that the final episode began in the same way that the Pilot did. One thing that really made me happy was that they began and ended the series with the rise of a Dr. Greene, it really added to the whole legacy of ER (and was really pretty special to all the people who watched Dr. Mark Greene die =>the last thing on his bucket list was "Fix Rachel" and he obviously succeeded as she is on her way to becoming a doctor). Although it was a little annoying the fact that there were things left unresolved from the episode served as a reminder that the life of a real ER doesn't ever end, I don't know, it was a reminder that if the portrayed County General ER was real it wouldn't stop functioning just because it's show was over. Anywho I thought that the end of the ER era was very well written and acted. I was not disappointed.

No comments: