Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Forgot a Movie

So I finally broke down and watched Twilight and was quite amused. The movie actually sort of followed the book, but the over-dramatic-ness was really quite hilarious. I do admit there were only a few times in the movie that left me going "Really? No, I mean seriously, really?" It was a decent movie, I can see why a twilight fan would really enjoy it, but there is no way that I would ever spend money on it. I don't even spend money on the books, I borrow them from my kind and generous friends. I think the problem that I have with the Twilight series is that I read the first three books before they were really popular and got strange looks from people because iwas reading "a vampire book" which translates to "Fantasy" which translates to some form of the word nerd. Then all of the sudden millions of girls realized that within the nerdy fantasy book there was a slightly provacative love story so those miliions of potentially shallow fangirls took the nerd book and turned it into something that reminds me of the Disney Channel and the Jonas Brothers (both of which I despise). Suddenly it was cool if you read the nerd book and those who didn't (such as myself because I already had) were weird. Next came the obsession over Edward, every girl wanted to be Edward's girl but unfortunately they couldn't mainly because HE'S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER! Personally I think Edward is a little bit of a creeper. I don't know the book me cae mal ahora. I'm going to stop myself before I really start ranting, so back to the movie. The movie was okay, if you are the steriotypical fangirl go ahead and buy it (although if you are a steriotypical fangirl you would have bought it on the day it came out on DVD so the preceding sentece was absolutely unnecessary). If you're like me, borrow it and watch it with a group of friends who enjoy lauging at it (not with it) and making jokes about it. If you're somewhere in between rent it and watch it on your own.

No comments: